Wednesday, July 13, 2011

TOMORROW: ITALY (or in other words---bring on the CARBS)!!!!

Well, after 5-6 months of reserving, planning, itinerary honing, booking, researching and low-carbing(!), departure day is about to arrive. We're packed, prepped with passports, travel-size essentials, walking shoes, phrase books, tickets, vouchers, lists, light-weight luggage, laptops, ipods/ipads and sunscreen and ready to hit Rome tomorrow (well actually we don't arrive until the following day, Friday, July 15th). It's a 9+ hour direct flight to Rome from Atlanta, and we hope to hit the ground running when we get there - at 8:25AM!

A few mundane housekeeping items left to cross off today, and then we are good to go!

Then, as of noon Thursday: Doug, Caroline and I meet Ross at the Atlanta airport (who is flying in from Chicago), and then it's Arrivederchi USA and Buon Giorno Italia!



My goal is to blog along the way, but I'm not 100% sure about the wi-fi availability, so I'll do the best I can during our 2 weeks abroad - should be interesting to say the least. Until my next post....ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment